This policy statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website and is intended to inform you about the kinds of information we may obtain about you as a visitor to our website, or through a telephone call to one of our operatives, how we may use that information and who we may share that information with. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Each time you access, browse and/or use our website you agree to the following terms. If you do not agree you must cease to use our website.
123-Refund respects your right to privacy and we are committed to complying with applicable data protection and privacy law. We will only collect personal information about you with your awareness and permission. Any personal information which you provide to us and/or which we obtain about you, will be kept secure and confidential using appropriate technical measures and by ensuring staff are trained and aware of how to protect your data.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that any data you provide to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it. We will only collect personal information which is necessary to:
• Process any applications or registrations made by you;
• Conduct the claim on your behalf, which involves providing your personal information to your current credit provider. This may also extend to releasing information to a broker affiliated to your lender in the event that your credit account has originated from them. Should we require any further information that may be outside the scope of this document then we will always obtain your permission beforehand.
• Search the records of fraud prevention agencies in assessing any applications for 123-Refund Services. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other companies may use this information if decisions are made about you on credit or credit-related services;
• administer your account(s), provide customer services and respond to and resolve any enquiries or complaints;
• Provide any products, services or information requested by you;
• Contact you for market research purposes;
• Keep you up to date by post, telephone, email, and direct to your handset by text, picture, video and audio message with information about 123-Refund, its services, and offers and promotions subject to any marketing preferences indicated by you. It's your choice and you're in control - you can contact us at any time to update your preferences by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to or calling customer services.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent or guardian's consent to provide your personal information to 123-Refund, otherwise you are not allowed to provide any of your personal information to us.
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. If you use '123-Refund Services', we may hold your Communications Data for 12 months for legitimate business purposes (or longer in connection with any legal proceedings or disputes).
Your personal information may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of processing applications, and providing information or services to you. The use of personal data for these purposes will remain under our control at all times. We may disclose your information to other members of our group of companies, and to our or their partners, associates, agents or subcontractors and to possible successors to our business. Some of these parties may reside outside the European Economic Area (which currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). If we do this, your information will be treated to the same standards adopted in the UK. We may also disclose your information for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the interests of 123-Refund and other users or if required to do so by law.
Collection and use of technical information
We use "session" cookies which enable a visitor's web browser to 'remember' which pages on this website have already been visited. We may also map and analyse visitor usage patterns to help us develop the site and enhance a visitor's experience. Depending on the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or (ii) to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of the web browser for specific details about cookie security. We may collect and store certain 'technical information' about your visit to this site, such as:
• The IP address from which you access this website
• The type of browser and operating system used to visit this site
• The date and time of your visit(s) to this site
• Clickstream data which reveals the activities of visitors around this website (for example the pages you access and products browsed) and
• The website address of the website from which you accessed this site. None of the technical information we collect could be used by us to identify visitors to this website. Such data are used only to analyse trends, administer and improve our website, track movement through our website and gather statistical information about visits to the website.
Notification of changes
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will charge an administrative fee of £10 to provide a copy of any data held. Please write by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Data Protection and Privacy Officer, 123-Refund Limited – 1st Floor Suite 1s, The Post House, Adelaide St, Swansea, SA1 1SB.
Monitoring of Your Communications
We may monitor and/or record communications between you and 123-Refund for quality control and training purposes. If you disagree with this, please inform our operative at the beginning of the call.
Other terms and conditions
You should read this Policy in conjunction with our website terms and conditions (which apply to your use of this website), and our Terms of Sale/Supply of Products (which apply to the purchase of products).
Glossary of technical terms used
Web browser - The software you use to read web pages such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Opera.
IP address - The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address (which may be permanent or change each time you access the internet)
Cookies - Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.
This policy is subject to change at any time without prior notice
123-Refund Limited of 1st Floor Suite 1s, The Post House, Adelaide St, Swansea, SA1 1SB is a registered company in England & Wales with registration 08203063 and are regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. Its registration is recorded on the website www.gov.uk/moj/cmr. Authorisation No: CRM31181.
Our Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Registration Number is: ZA115110.